Ticket(s) to Fundraiser

Monday, October 26, 2009

1st Annual Silent Auction and Casino Night a Huge Success!!!

Hi Everyone!!

We want to thank everyone for coming on Saturday night and supporting our little man Lexx!! We are deeply touched and moved by the amount of support that everyone has given to Lexx and our family. The turnout was amazing and we hope everyone had a wonderful night.

The night was such a huge success and we exceeded our goal of $5,000 US that we pledged for Unite for the Cure. In total, we were able to raise $19,316.64 in one night (this is after all expenses have been paid)!!!

A huge thank you goes out to all of you who came and supported the event, our sponsors, those who weren't able to come but still donated, and of course our volunteers!!

Thank you everyone again for coming out and supporting our 1st Annual Silent Auction and Fun Casino and I hope to see you all there next year!!!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lexx's Port/IVAD surgery on hold

Well, I think we are on day 6 of Lexx's current cold and we are still on full treatments (chest physio and cough assist) every three hours (Q3), even through the night and coughing him almost every half hour. It makes for a very busy day, but at least we're still home and not in the ICU in Calgary. Not that we don't love the nurses, docs and staff there, but it is so much nicer to be at home. Especially for little Ayva, to be around all of her own things and family and not locked up in a hospital room. Ayva still has a cough, but she seems to be getting better slowly as well. I'm hoping that a couple more days of Q3 treatments and we can back down to maybe Q4.

Lexx is supposed to be having his surgery for his port/IVAD a week from today, but with him being as sick as he is now, I'm going to have to cancel his surgery and postpone it to a time when he's been healthy for at least a week before hand. Putting him under general anesthetic now would just set him up for failure and the possibility of a longer intubation period after the surgery. And that's a risk that we're not willing to take. So, for now, we'll have to postpone it until he's healthy again.